Hosts are an integral part of a restaurant dining experience. They're the first staff member that guests interact with when entering the restaurant. We look for a friendly, welcoming, and professional attitude to lead that crucial first interaction with the guest. The host ensures that tables are set by the time scheduled guests arrive. This requires skill in planning and foresight. Hosts manage communication between guests and management and oversee the reservation books, which requires good communication skills and organization.
A Slater Hospitality host is also expected to anticipate dining room needs, manage and maintain the flow of the restaurant, stay up to date on all reservation information throughout the shift. They begin the guest experience here at LOA and are expected to uphold and exceed our standard of excellence.
- An elevated, professional, and clean appearance.
- Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to walk and stand for hours at a time.
- Eagerness to learn and to improve as a host.
- Passion for hospitality and service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Greet guests as they enter the restaurant.
- Double check the guests reservation information.
- Assign and escort reservations to their respective table.
- Answer any questions or concerns guest may have.
- Manage wait times.
- Keep track of head count with every reservation.
- Excellence in time management.
- Assist with flipping tables.
- Diligent communication (check-in, bartenders, servers, SAs and managers) – communicate appropriate information regarding needs, changes, or special circumstances.